Actually something very very very different....
Not new classes; not a yarn sale, but a sale nonetheless...
This time, it's the entire shop that's for sale; no not the merchandise in the shop, but the shop itself.
After almost 4 years, and many life changes, I have come to the decision that I must leave the yarn business. I am hoping that someone out there loves it passionately, and has the resources to keep a local yarn shop presence in the Huntsville area, but that someone is no longer me. My original reasons for purchasing the shop are long since gone, and I am no longer able to devote the time to it that it needs.
No, I'm not closing the doors, not this week or month, or next week or month. I will give you all time to look into this opportunity, although I will list with a business broker in a few months if no one from our community is interested.
This is what I'm offering: an ongoing business with a relatively well-organized plan for continuing.
1. The landlord is very amenable to working out an ongoing lease at the current rates, and other than some repairs to the flooring, the physical plant of the shop is in very good condition. We repainted 2 years ago, and most of the fixtures date to that time frame.
2. We have been actively cleaning out old and unsuccessful lines and have something that resembles a logical plan for what we now carry. We have been cleaning up the customer list, the email list and the inventory lists.
3. The person or group that buys the shop will get inventory at less than cost, all the fixtures and furnishings in the shop that are shop property, including the computers, alarm system, and security system, a detailed policy and procedures manual that outlines how we do most of what we do, trained and experienced staff willing to stay on, instructors with well-organized knitting and crocheting programs, the Constant Contact newsletter account, the Ravelry group, the website, the blog, the Twitter and facebook accounts, along with any and all information I have. Sale flyers, newsletters, class flyers, all previous promotions, you name it, it's all on computer and you get it all.
4. A qualified buyer will receive any help from me they want in deciding what to order for their spring / summer 2015 lines, and learn how I make those decisions. If there is no schedule conflict, I can attend the 2015 National Needle Arts Summer Annual Sale market and introduce the new owner to all the vendors we work with or have worked with in the past who attend the market.
5. I can also offer some business advice - as a tax professional, I can assist if you need help deciding on your form of ownership, and all the intricacies of the tax things you will have to be involved in. My assistant and I handled the payroll and sales and payroll taxes in-house since that is what we do, and can provide you with information to help you decide how you want to handle it.
I'm sure there's more I need to be mentioning right now, but this is a little overwhelming. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am currently traveling and unable to receive phone calls, but will be home in a few weeks if you would prefer to talk live.