NEW Yarn Bowls, Shawl Pins, FIBER FIBER FIBER and CLASSIC ELITE KNITALONG!
We've just gotten in some of the most gorgeous wooden yarn bowls, and lots of interesting new fiber and some great lightweight shawl pins for summer.
And it's time for the Classic Elite KnitAlong with their wonderful Prize basket for one lucky winner per shop.
And Sharon wants to host a CrochetAlong!
So read on....
NEW STUFF GREAT NEW STUFF
We just got in about 18 or so amazing wooden yarn bowls - turned, inlaid, all sorts of pretty pretty bowls. These are limited - once they're gone, they're gone.
We do also have some of our pottery bowls on order so hopefully we'll have some more of those within a few weeks.
Shawls sticks - some great lightweight copper or silver shawl sticks - very simple and elegant - handmade, each one is original and a one-of-a kind. Only got about 20, so grab them while we've got them.
Fiber - calling all SPINNERS - lots of wonderful fun different fiber - and at least right now, we have 4 4 oz packages of many of them - so you can get enough for a lightweight summer shawl, or for something more substantial. We've got some silk merino, some bamboo in bright colors, and then some interesting mixed batts in pretty summer colors.
Bunches and bunches of Classes!!
Registration is open on all of these wonderful classes and some of them are starting to fill up: Click on the class name to read all the details.
If anyone is interested in the Beach Bag class, please call the shop on Monday and talk to Kirsten - this class is in danger of cancellation due to low registration. If you want to attend, you need to talk to her NOW!
so come in and sign up. The picture below shows all the wonderful prizes in the gift basket for one lucky winner from each participating shop.
Basic Rules: These are very similar to last year, but with a few twists.
1. You can then choose a project from any of CEY recent books in stock: Portraits,Oceanside or Sunny Day, or the 2 books we have due in this week: Homestead and Silhouettes. You can preview the books here! CEY has changed the way they do their books this year; instead of each book featuring 4 or 5 patterns in a single yarn, the books have more patterns, in an assortment of yarns, that are sort of theme-oriented.
2. Your project must use at least 3 skeins of any current Classic Elite Yarn.
3. To be eligible for the prize in our shop, you must purchase your yarn and your book from us.
4. We need to have five registered participants to be eligible for a prize basket from CEY. We don't have to have five completed projects, but only completed projects are eligible for the prize. Bonus: the first ten people to register for the KAL get 10% off on their yarn and book.
If you're interested, you need to get your friends to sign up with you, so that we have at least five registered participants. (Shop staff aren't eligible, sorry...). If we get more than five registered participants who purchase their yarn and patterns, we will have a bonus gift for all of the registered participants, even those whose projects aren't done in time for the CEY prize basket, so if you're interested in making a project from one of the books, it is worth it to sign up.
5. You must register by May 20th and you must bring your project in to be photographed by staff, or send me a clear digital photograph, by July 25th, so I can get it turned in by the deadline.
6. You can knit in the shop, or you can knit at home or wherever. If you would like to organize a group to meet in the shop, we will make room for you. If you want to meet in the morning during the week before the shop opens, email and let me know. If we have a group of 5 or more, we will open early for you.
Any questions, ask the shop staff or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharon wants to host a CrochetAlong!
Are you interested?
It won't have the lavish prize that CEY gives, but if you're interested, let Sharon know and let's work out the details and get something going. And we'll come up with some kind of bonus prize, if we have enough participants. Sharon is usually in the shop on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, and sometimes on the weekend. You can call the shop at 256-881-0260 or email me and I'll forward it on.